Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shopping - Which I do well...

So, because I'm in the very early stages of Invisalign, I did a ton of research online, trying to find out what I should have on hand for when I start actually wearing the trays. I decided to order the following items just to be safe...and also because I'm a worrier like that.

1. Retainer Brite - A soak for the aligners which will clean, deodorize, and brighten the trays. I bought a three month supply on Amazon.com. If you're interested, here is the link.

I know there is some talk about the danger of discoloring the trays by using soak for them, but my ortho said Retainer Brite is great. I plan to soak the trays while I eat breakfast every day and then lightly brush them clean/spot brush where needed. The Retainer Brite is supposed to be great at keeping any odor away and keeping the trays crystal clear. I don't like the idea of intensely brushing the trays every day, as I can imagine that would scratch them and potentially make them foggy and therefore more visible in my mouth.

2. Outie hooks - A plastic tool with a lever on one end and hook on the other, used to remove the trays if they're stubborn or tightly attached due to buttons or attachments.

I bought a few of these just to have them on hand. I am scheduled to have "buttons" or attachments applied around week 6 of treatment. I've read that many patients struggle to remove their trays after buttons are attached because they cause the aligners to fit VERY snugly. These hooks are supposedly a miracle-worker. Let's hope so.

Here is the link I used to buy my Outies.


3. Lots of floss and small toothbrushes for my purse at work. I had fun in the trial/mini size aisle at Target. Well, really...let's be honest. I have fun wherever I go in Target. It's amazing. Too amazing sometimes.







4. SmartMouth Mouthwash to help with bad breath from wearing the trays in general. Okay, so I have not seen SmartMouth recommended on any Invisalign experience blogs, but let me tell you...it is an all-time favorite, miracle worker of a product for me. It has been in my medicine cabinet for about 2 years now, and I do not ever plan to be without it. I have nightmares about this product disappearing from stores...seriously. So, SmartMouth is very unique, because it does not contain any alcohol, and it does not work as a traditional mouthwash does. A regular mouthwash kills the bacteria in your mouth for 30 minutes to an hour, but SmartMouth simply wipes out the bacteria's ability to eat or produce odor.

I swear by this stuff and know it will become even more invaluable once I'm wearing aligners all day. I plan to swish both morning and night. Please, read up on this stuff if you're interested. I buy mine whenever I'm at Target. I have also seen it at Walgreens, and I believe it's at Rite Aid, too! It's easy to find and really worth the extra few dollars. It blows Scope, Listerine, Act, Crest, etc. out of the water. Really. Click here if you're interested in reading up on SmartMouth.

7 comments:

  1. I'll be starting Invisalign in a little less than 2 weeks. I'm excited! Thank you for sharing this information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this very helpful! I just started Invisalign yesterday, and was trying to figure out different methods to keeping my trays cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the information. I am waiting for my aligners and hope to have them in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get started. I have wanted braces for years and at 34 I'm finally doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, I came across your blog a few months ago at the early stage of my invisalign journey - I want to thank you sooooooo much for your recommendations on smartmouth and retainer bright. you are THE BEST!!!!! now I have nightmares too, that they will discontinue smartmouth! it works wonders, I even found the travel size on drugstore.com -
    Thank you again! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. I'm starting in 2 weeks at age 41 & I appreciate your detailed blo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to share this informative post with us on what you should have on hand with your first trays. I enjoyed all the detailed information that you provided in this article. Have a great rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete